Dr Fulminare Bandijcat Noctule Bat

sidekickbooks

Monday 19 December 2016

Sidevent Adkick Day 19: We Wish You (Puny Humans) A Merry Christmas

Christmas is not only a time for fleshlings! It is a little known fact that robots too join in the festivities! With this in mind, we invited the fictional robot community to send a joint message of hope and joy, this yuletide.



Yule Log


Ho, ho, ho, Merry Christmas! Garbage for all the good little children!
There is an explanation for this, you know.

Well, we've come a long way, haven't we?
I’d give you advice, but you wouldn’t listen. No one ever does.
Can the maker repair what he makes?
Believe me, I'd prefer not to. I may be synthetic, but I'm not stupid.

Why do you cry?
You can shine no matter what you're made of
You're our best and only friend.
I wish we were more than mechanical beings and we were really alive
so we could share your feelings with you.

I suddenly feel the need... to strut my funky stuff.
Let's all watch as the world goes to the devil!
Many fragments. Some large, some small.
I was made ready.
It's great up here... no problems...
I wish I were a bird. Doctor, what am I?

I hope life on Earth is everything you remember it to be.
I am only a machine. So I can not be sorry or happy,
no matter what happens.
Now I know I've got a heart because it is breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?